Score only. The Solar Review Module Assessment Criteria compares the REC Alpha Series solar panel against the industries best known specifications. The result, a solar module comparison with no room for discretionary bias and the transparency you desire.
.Make and model: REC Alpha
Variants: 360 / 365 / 370 / 375 / 380W
IEC standard thermal cycle testing.
The following content for the REC Alpha Series should be used as a guide only. Individual circumstances and compatibilities should always be taken into account when selecting the right solar panel for any given installation. This content has been built using the Solar Review Module Assessment Criteria 2.5 and above based on available product specifications at the time of writing.
- Heterojunction cell.
- Multi-busbar (MBB) wire contact.
- PERC enhanced.
- Glass-laminate (White).
- DNV-GL Top Performer 2019.
- DNV-GL certified.
- Snow load 7000Pa.
- Front wind load 4000Pa.
- Rear wind load 4000Pa.
- Damp heat testing 2000Hrs.
- Thermal cycle testing 200+Hrs.
- PID Free.
- Salt mist resistance certification
IEC 61701 (Severity 6).
- Amonia resistance certification
- 35mm hail impact at 23m/s.
- 21.7% Maximum module efficiency.
- -0.26%°C Temperature coefficient.
- 0/3% Power tolerance.
- 2% degradation in the 1st year.
- 0.25% degradation per annum.
- 25-year linear performance warranty.
- Parts & service performance warranty.
- 20-yr (or 25) warranty.*
- Parts & service warranty.
- *Authorised installer network WITH additional end-user benefits.
AlphaOverall - OUTSTANDING
- Design 4.8
- Durability 4.4
- Efficiency 4.8
- Performance 4.8
- Guarantee 4.8
How was the score for the REC Alpha range of solar panels calculated? By using the Solar Review Module Assessment Criteria V2.5 >
This article was originally published February 5, 2020.
To reflect evolving criteria this content has been updated over time.
- June 5, 2020
- How does the entire current range of REC solar panels compare against each other? Discover >