PRE RELEASE. Unlike many opinionated reviews, the Solar Review Panel Assessment Criteria compares the Suntech PERC Mono Panel against the industries best known specifications. The result, a solar panel review with no room for discretionary bias and the transparency you desire.
.Make and model: Suntech PERC Mono Module.
Variants: 295 / 300 / 305 / 310 / 315 W.
GREATER THAN 3.3 IS A VERY GOOD SCORE. The following content for the Suntech PERC Mono Module should be used as a guide only. Individual circumstances and compatibilities should always be taken into account when selecting the right solar panel for any given installation. This content has been built using the Solar Review Module Assessment Criteria 2.0 and above based on available product specifications at the time of writing.
Design is what defines a particular solar panels energy production characteristics to assist greater value through innovation and advancement.
SuntechPERC Mono - Design
- 5-ribbon front contact.
- PERC enhanced.
- Glass-laminate (White).
- No awards listed.
- CE certified.
On the front line of your new self sufficient power supply, durability of a solar panel assists greater reliability in return on investment in energy saving through the likelihood of more stable life expectancy in variable environments.
SuntechPERC Mono - Durability
- Snow load 5400Pa.
- Front wind load 3800Pa.
- Rear wind load 3800Pa.
- Damp heat testing not listed.
- Thermal cycle testing not listed.
- PID Resistant.
- Salt mist resistance certification
- Amonia resistance certification
- 7.53mm hail impact not listed at 23m/s.
With limited available space, efficiency is key. More power from the nominated surface area is derived from the key criteria of solar panel efficiency.
SuntechPERC Mono - Efficiency
- 18.9% Maximum module efficiency.
- -0.40%°C Temperature coefficient.
- 0/3% Power tolerance.
Performance is based on how well the the nominated solar panel technology should retain its specification and power class over time as guaranteed by the manufacturer.
SuntechPERC Mono - Performance
- 2.5% degradation in the 1st year.
- 0.7% degradation per annum.
- 25-year linear performance warranty.
- Parts and service performance warranty.
As guarantee obligations can often be shielded by installer incompetence, should a solar panel manufacturer define an adequately trained installer network with a complimentary warranty extension (added end-user benefit), such guarantee has been considered as a base warranty more likely of adhering manufacturer installation specifications.
Important: A manufacturers obligations under guarantee will be obsolete if the solar panel is not installed to manufacturer specifications. Use an authorised installer.
SuntechPERC Mono - Guarantee
- 12-year warranty.
- Parts & service warranty.
- Authorised installer network, with no additional benefits.
All well and good having the greatest technology, but what if that technology is simply out of reach for most? Adversely, the cheapest product may lack essential capabilities expected by many end-users. Put price into perspective. Affordability is where price and technology come together to help determine value.
SuntechPERC Mono - Affordability
- Superior technology score (3.5).
- Approximately $0.44 per watt USD ex.
The below overall assessment for the Suntech PERC Mono module is broken up into two final scores.
- Overall technology ranking; the average of design, durability, efficiency, performance and guarantee (for those less concerned about price).
- Overall ranking; the average of design, durability, efficiency, performance, guarantee and affordability.
SuntechPERC Mono - Overall
- Design 3.3
- Durability 3.0
- Efficiency 3.2
- Performance 4.1
- Guarantee 3.8
- Technology 3.5
- Affordability 4.0