PRE RELEASE. Unlike many opinionated reviews, the Solar Review Inverter Assessment Criteria compares the Solax X1-Hybrid HV against the industries best known specifications. The result, an inverter review with no room for discretionary bias and the transparency you desire.
Make and model: SolaX X1-Hybrid.
Variants: 3 | 3.7 | 4.6 | 5 kW.
At the time review this product was not commercially available, therefore, full specifications are not available for complete comparison. This product will be updated with commercial availability.
GREATER THAN 3.3 IS A VERY GOOD SCORE. The following content for the Solax X1-Hybrid HV should be used as a guide only. Individual circumstances and compatibilities should always be taken into account when selecting the right inverter for any given installation. The below Solax x1-Hybrid HV content has been built using the Solar Review Inverter Assessment Criteria 2.0 and above based on available product specifications at the time of writing.
Design is what defines a particular solar inverters ability to meet end-user expectation from modern appeal, future integrations and versatile installation locations.
SolaxX1-Hybrid HV - Design
- Hybrid (Multimode) with EPS
- New Release.
- Fan Cooled.
- No awards listed.
- CE certified.
- IP 65.
As the heart of your new self sufficient power supply, the features of an inverter define the opportunity for diverse interaction, variable installation design methods and defined asset management opportunities.
SolaXX1-Hybrid HV - Features.
- 2+ MPPTS.
- LCD graphic interface.
- WiFi & Ethernet inbuilt.
- No manufacturer supplied module-level optimisation options.
- No manufacturer supplied module-level rapid shutdown options.
- No manufacturer supplied expanded monitoring options.
- MPPT only shadow management.
- Installer remote access support is rated at - General Data Configuration.
Performance in more ways than just efficiency alone. How does a solar inverter perform within its intended environment and in adverse conditions? The key specifications not often at first thought.
SolaXX1-Hybrid HV - Performance
- 97.8% European efficiency.
- Temperature range of -25°C (-13°F).
- Temperature range of +60°C (-140°F).
- Temperature derating of 45°C (113°F).
- Weighs 30kg (66.1 lbs).
- Noise emission of 35 dB (A).
Manufacturer guarantees are interesting when selecting an inverter technology. More commonly is a complimentary extension to base guarantee options in recent years. As guarantee obligations can often be shielded by installer incompetence, should a manufacturer define an adequately trained installer network with a complimentary warranty extension (added end-user benefit), such guarantee has been considered as a base warranty more likely of adhering manufacturer installation specifications.
Important: A manufacturers obligations under guarantee will be obsolete if the inverter is not installed to manufacturer specifications. Use an authorised installer.
SolaXX1-Hybrid HV - Guarantee
- 5-year parts warranty.
- 5-year service warranty.
- No authorised installer network.
In a modern world, software is how you interact with your self generated power supply. More than just a monitoring portal, inverter software is evolving to become the entire energy management protocol as the new standard.
SolaXX1-Hybrid HV - Software
- SolaX Cloud Monitoring System.
- iOS & Android app.
- Alerts & fault diagnosis.
All well and good having the greatest technology, but what if that technology is simply out of reach for most? Adversely, the cheapest product may lack essential technology requirements expected by many end-users. Put price into perspective. Affordability is where price and technology come together to help determine value.
SolaXX1-Hybrid HV - Affordability
- Good technology score..
- 5kW approx for $2480 USD ex. (Not released - estimated based on similar available offerings by this manufacturer).
The below overall assessment for the SolaX X1 Hybrid HV is broken up into two final scores.
- Overall technology ranking; the average of design, features, performance, guarantee and software (for those less concerned about price).
- Overall ranking; the average of design, features, performance, guarantee, software and affordability.
SolaXX1 Hybrid HV - Overall
- Design 3.3
- Features 3.0
- Performance 3.8
- Guarantee 2.3
- Software 2.5
- Technology 3.0
- Affordability 4.0